Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Junior Carpender h.w. 3/5/08

Junior Carpenders Reflection

In the past three days we learned about many many difffrent types of wood. I learned how we are going to make the Gaga Pit. Plus learning diffrent fractions and saw's. We skeched the Gaga Pit and the Bean Bag Boards. Another cool experience was that Lary Rossenstoc (the person who founded the hightech villadge) droped in to teach us about carpendry. I learned more about fractions and how to learn angles to perfect our math skills. we learned how to create and how we are going to make the Gaga Pit. Pls we finaly got to cut! We cut some crappy wood but it was still extremely fun.the nexed day pased and we actualy started to build the Gaga Pit! we got help from will (a really experienced carpender) and his frinds to help us.
Now I feel alot more confedent about cutting and being a carpender in genral. Evrything was entirely new to me but was an awsome experience.

1 comment:

Bea M. said...

Learning fractions and angles? Larry Rosenstock (the person who founded HTH Village) stopping by? You sure are enjoing great support: your teacher, Larry, and your carpenter friend/visitor.

I learned carpentry just by looking, although I must say, I needed a good teacher. I'm proud to say that I built my first closet all by myself and I learned how to work with tools at an early age like you and thanks to my uncles. I've had tons of experiences with wood, for example, I made a jewelry box to my mom on mother's day. While Ido know a little about carpentry and wood, I do not know what a Gaga Pit is. Do you think you could explain to me. Tks alot!